Aspects that distinguish Ayurveda in its approach to health care
- It focuses on establishing & maintaining balance of the life energies within us, rather than focusing on individual symptoms.
- It recognizes the unique constitutional differences of all individuals & therefore recommends different regimens for different type of peoples.
- Ayurveda is a complete medical system which recogonizes that ultimately all intelligence & wisdom flows from one absolute source (Parmatma). Ayurveda assists Nature by promoting harmony between the individual & Nature by living a life of balance according to her laws.
- Ayurveda describes three fundamental universal energies which regulates all natural processes on both macrocosmic & microscopic levels. These are known as Tridosha.
- Finally, the ancient Ayurvedic physicians realized the need for preserving the alliance of the mind & body & offers mankind tools for rembering & nurturing the subtler aspects of our humanity. Ayurveda seeks to heal the fragmentation & disorder of mind-body complex & restore wholeness & harmony to all people.
- Panch Mahabhutas - The Basic of all things .
Ayurveda is also called as Ashtang-ayurveda meaning science of life having 8 main branches encompassing
1. Internal medicine 5. Surgery 2. Treatment of supra-clavicular disorders 6. Psychiatry 3. Pediatrics 7. Toxicology 4. Geriatrics including Rejuvenation Therapy 8. Science of Aphrodisiacs.